Don’t settle for enjoying 2017 in theory. Let’s live it out!
2016 was a discouraging year for many. It brought to light the deep divisions that exist in our culture—politically, racially, and socially. And the ups and downs of our individual circumstances can also tempt us to discouragement, complaining, and division.
Enjoy2017 is an invitation to look beyond these circumstances and, instead, look to the Giver of the good gifts we enjoy every day with gratitude and joy together. We often miss opportunities to participate in God’s divine delight because we’re discouraged, fixated on selfish fulfillment, or paralyzed by guilt. But each day is full of opportunities for you to savor the countless gifts the Creator has given.
I personally want to invite you to join me for Enjoy2017—a free, 6-week, live-it-out devotional. You will be encouraged and challenged as you grow in your enjoyment of the people God has put into your life, the work he has given you to do, the rest he offers you, the resources he’s entrusted to you, and ultimately our good Giver himself.
Enjoy2017 is designed to be lived out both on and offline—it’s a challenge for you to implement what you’re learning in your life, and to invite others to join in this journey with you. My hope and prayer is that our six weeks together is just the beginning of a lifestyle of enjoyment that endures beyond 2017.
Here are several ways you can participate:
- Download the free 6-week email-devotional.
- I recommend working through one devotional per week for six weeks. Each devotional includes three questions and suggestions for how you can put your faith into action.
- Do the action items. My heart is for you to not only learn about enjoying God and all he’s given you, but to actively enjoy God and his gifts each and every day.
- Join the Enjoy2017 Facebook Group. This is a great place to exchange ideas, prayers, and encouragement together.
- Ask a friend, a group of friends, or your small group to join you. We’re better together! It will be fun to discuss, share, and live out not only what God is doing in your life, but also in the lives of those you love.
- Consider creatively sharing what God is doing in your life through this project online. Share a phrase, a story, Scripture, a picture, or a quote from the devotional. Tag it with #Enjoy2017 on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram so we can be encouraged by one another on this journey together.
I look forward to spending these six weeks with you. Don’t settle for enjoying 2017 in theory, let’s live it out.
- Join Trillia Newbell for #Enjoy2017—a free, 6-week, live-it-out devotional! http://bit.ly/2iLxPn9
- This year, let’s commit to enjoy God, enjoy his gifts, and #Enjoy2017. Sign up for the free devotional today! http://bit.ly/2iLxPn9
- Don’t merely recognize God’s gifts in your life, actively delight in them. #Enjoy2017. http://bit.ly/2iLxPn9
- We don’t cram God into the things we enjoy. We enjoy because we know God has given it for our enjoyment. #Enjoy2017. http://bit.ly/2iLxPn9