I am so thrilled about this 6-week online study hosted by the wonderful team at Moody Publishers! It begins on Monday, April 1, but as you’ll see below, if you miss this week, no big deal! I’ve received a few questions and want to jump right into the answers.
- Who can join?
Answer: Absolutely anyone! You can join as a group or an individual. But make sure to sign up here first: https://www.moodypublisherswomen.com/if-god-is-for-us-online-bible-study/
- I signed up but I did not receive an email. What do I do?
Answer: First check you spam folder. Emails may be there. If you have Gmail, check your “promotions” folder or other folders similar to that. If you do not find it there, go ahead and sign up again via the link above. If that doesn’t work, email me at email@example.com and we will make it happen!
- When will you (Trillia) be joining the group?
Answer: Over the next six weeks, I’ll be in the Facebook group every Monday at 9:00 am. I won’t likely be able to be in there much more than once or twice a week but I will make sure to pop in as much as I can. The wonderful Moody Publishers’ team will be leading the rest of the week.
- What if I miss the Monday video study time?
Answer: The videos will be recorded and available not only all week but even after our six weeks is over! We are keeping the Facebook group open until June. So, if you need to watch the video as an individual or a group on Tuesdays at 7:00 pm, you can do that (or any other day and time)!
- What if I can’t join right on April 1?
Answer: This is similar to a video study that you would do on your own and therefore you will have access to the videos that are recorded each week until June. Please don’t wait to sign up officially via Moody (here) and go ahead and join the Facebook group. If you begin by May 1, you will be able to complete the 6 weeks.
Reminders from Moody Publishers:
Our online Bible study If God Is For Us begins this week and we are so excited!
Over 600 of you will be joining us as we dive deep into the riches found in Romans 8.
To make sure you’re ready to go, complete these three easy steps below:
- Join the private If God Is For Us online Bible study Facebook group. This Facebook group is where we will discuss the Bible study, meet with author Trillia Newbell, and interact together throughout the week. Join today, and be sure to introduce yourself! Please note that we will officially begin on April 1st.
- Pick up a copy of the If God Is For Us book by Trillia Newbell as soon as possible. This online Bible study is FREE, but you will need the book to follow along. You can find it at your favorite book retailer or purchase a copy for 40% off at Moody Publishers now through 4/7/19.
- Invite your friends to join you in the If God Is For Us online Bible study! They can join by signing up here. If you have note signed up, sign up here too.
Now you’re all set. We’re excited to study with you.
We are so thrilled to announce the
“If God Is For Us” Online Bible Study!
Starting April 1, join others from all around the world as we dig deep into one of the most cherished chapters of the Bible—Romans 8.
Over 6 weeks, I will walk us through Romans 8 and help cement deep inside the scandalous truths of our great salvation, our inheritance, the assurance of our faith, and ultimately the love of our good Father.
If you’ve experienced the comfort of Romans 8 before, but want to plant it more deeply in your person this is the Bible Study for you.
You don’t want to miss it! Sign up here: www.moodypublisherswomen.com/if-god-is-for-us-online-bible-study/
A few quick things:
- This is for an individual or a group! That’s right! You can grab a group and do the online study together! Meet up once a week to watch the Facebook lives I’ll be doing and discuss together.
- You must sign up at the Moody Publishers “If God Is For Us” page. From there, you’ll be redirected to join the group. Head on over there: http://www.moodypublisherswomen.com/if-god-is-for-us-online-bible-study/
- If you are a Bible study leader or women’s ministry leader and you hope to teach this study in the future, this online study is for you! Consider it a prep for when you’ll dig deep with your group in the future.
- As I’ve mentioned, this study is great for the individual also. So, if you don’t have a group, come join ours!
When you sign up, you’ll be lead to a page to receive the book for 40% off!! Or you can purchase it at your favorite retailer. The Bible study is FREE.
He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? (Rom. 8:32)
Inquisitive and tender, vivacious and loyal—that is how I’d describe my son and daughter respectively. They’re both intelligent and fun, undoubtedly two of the greatest gifts the Lord has given my husband and me.
We couldn’t love them more—which is why the stories of Abraham and Isaac and the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus are absolutely remarkable to me….
If God was willing to sacrifice his Son for us, why would we ever doubt anything else that God says or does? Why would we not trust his promise to give us ‘all things’?
If God Is For Us
is a six-week study of Romans 8. Grab your copy here: If God Is For Us
We know how to act, and there are things we likely wouldn’t do just for fear of what others might think. But our minds are another story. No one sees what we’re thinking — at least, that’s the lie we tell ourselves. We can have vengeful, angry thoughts; we can lust; we can be anxious; we can judge others — all within the confines of our mind. We don’t have to say a word or make a move to sin.
I share more at the Proverbs 31 Ministries: What You THINK vs. What You DO
If someone had come up to me on the morning of my wedding day and asked me if I knew my husband-to-be well, I would have said yes without hesitation. Now, fifteen years later, I realize that while I did know him before I married him, I know so much more about him now. Our relationship has deepened, and my knowledge of him has exponentially increased since our wedding.
Why? Because we’ve spent hours upon hours together. We know each other’s history. We know our backgrounds. When one of us reacts to something, the other knows the context from which the reaction comes. We know each other because we have studied, learned, enjoyed, and listened to each other over the course
of these many years. And I’m looking forward to learning even more in the years to come!
It takes time to really know a person—and the same thing is true about getting to know the Bible. After nearly twenty years of “living with” the Bible and many, many hours of study, I’m only beginning to scratch the surface of its rich depths. And even with all my studying, I realize I will never exhaust the potential depths of learning about the Lord.
My hope is that you and I would get to know our Lord in greater ways through If God Is For Us, a study of Romans 8, a cherished book and favorite chapter. If you ask believers for their favorite book of the Bible, many would place Romans at the top of the list. And if you were to take a survey and ask what specific chapter in the Bible has had the most impact on their lives, a number would name the eighth chapter of Romans—and for good reason.
Tim Keller has written that “the book of Romans is the most sustained explanation of the heart of the gospel, and the most thrilling exploration of how that gospel goes to work in our hearts.”1 I agree wholeheartedly. And to me, Romans 8 is the heart of that great letter. It provides the assurance of this great salvation, summed up in its first compelling sentence, which proclaims to its reader that there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus (8:1).
That amazing declaration would be enough, but there’s more, so much more. We learn throughout Romans 8 that:
- The Spirit is actively at work in us (8:4–11);
- We are heirs with Christ, the adopted children of God (8:12–17);
- Our suffering is for a great purpose and doesn’t compare to the glory we will
- Even in our weakness, the Spirit is at work (8:26–27);
- God is working all things for our good (8:28);
- And absolutely nothing can ever separate us from the love of Christ (8:31–39).
Need I go on? Oh, I can, and I want to! I haven’t even gotten to the five life-changing questions that solidify our conviction that God is absolutely, undeniably for us (8:31–38).
So in case you’ve been concerned whether a single chapter in a single book can sustain an entire six-week study, don’t worry. We could probably spend another six weeks—or a lifetime—and still find more.
If God Is For Us will take us on a journey into Romans 8, reminding us of our great salvation, our inheritance, and ultimately the love of our good Father. Romans 8 can be easily quoted—and often is—but through If God Is For Us I hope that we might meditate deeply on it, soaking in the goodness of this truth and rejoicing in the mind-boggling reality that God intends nothing but good for us. My prayer is that, together, we’ll gain a greater understanding of the significance of this passage of Scripture and why these verses mean so much to so many.
We will accomplish this through reading the text, through studying God’s Word, through daily reflection on the passages, and ultimately through prayer. But God must do the work in our hearts for us to understand. Let’s ask God to help us as we seek to know the God of our salvation in ever-deepening ways.
Grab the Book and Make It Work For You!
If God Is For Us is formatted to provide flexibility and I encourage you to make it work for you! It’s designed to be done in a group setting or individually. Here are just a few of the possibilities.
- Do the study entirely on your own at home.
- Meet daily with a few friends in-person (maybe for coffee) or online to share
your response to the devotionals and the questions.
- Try a combination—do some of it (like the devotionals) at home and some of it (like selected study or reflection questions) in a weekly group gathering. Or study at home and then come together to discuss your insights and discoveries.
You can follow the suggested pattern of five days of study, two days off, or you can stretch out the material to cover six or even seven days. Personally I like the idea of reading and study on one day, devotionals and reflections on five more days, and then taking a “sabbath” day of rest.
My hope and prayer is that you would enjoy God through this study!
Grab the book at Amazon! You can also purchase it at other retailers and see what others have said about the book on my book page: If God is For Us.
I am so thrilled to get study out into the world (and let’s be honest, I’m nervous too!). I am praying the Lord would use it and I’m grateful Moody Publishers is giving my friends and readers a way to get a jumpstart on the book.
Interested in receiving an early copy of my new study on Romans 8, If God is For Us? Join the launch team!
All you need to do is join the If God is For Us closed Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/IfGodIsForUsLaunchTeam/.
The launch team will receive an advanced copy of the book. I’ll be doing a few Facebook live chats in the group. The Moody Publishers team will be sharing ways that you can help spread the word about the book and start your own study, etc. It should be a great time! THANK YOU for considering.
Spots are limited so join today!
Visit my book page to learn more about If God is For Us: http://www.trillianewbell.com/if-god-is-for-us/.