I looked at my calendar today and gasped at the reality that not only is December almost over; 2018 is right around the corner. I know this happens every year, and yet every year I’m taken by surprise. Today I thought I’d catch you up on a few things I’ve been doing and invite you to join me or listen in. But first I want to share some exciting news.
I never started writing for awards, and by the grace of God I will never make awards my aim. They are, however, encouraging and affirming in the work and ministry I seek to do for the glory of God. I can’ t thank my publishers, ministry partners, and most of all you—my readers—enough for the opportunity to serve the broader church in this way. Over the past week or so, I’ve learned of three awards that my books have received. I’m going to share them with you…and I hope you’ll click the links to check out the other books on these lists.
God’s Very Good Idea was also recognized on the Gospel Coalition’s 2017 Book Awards, winning in the Children’s category.
And Enjoy: Finding the Freedom to Delight Daily in God’s Good Gifts won the Award of Merit in Christianity Today’s 2018 Book Awards in the CT Women category.
Needless to say, I’m overwhelmed and overjoyed. Thank you to everyone who has read and supported this ministry. I am so grateful!
My friend and editor at Desiring God, Tony Reinke, has been doing a Twitter conversation and reading of Isaiah using the hashtag #IsaiahChristmas. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through the book. You can learn more about his reading plan, and it’s not to late to jump in. Learn more at https://tonyreinke.com/2017/11/24/isaiahchristmas/ or follow along on Twitter by searching the hashtag.
1) As I mentioned previously, I’ve had the joy of joining my friend Isaac Adams as a cohost on the podcast United? We Pray. If you have a moment, I hope you’ll have a listen to our most recent episodes:
Guest: Jackie Hill Perry
Guest: Karen Ellis
Guest: Matt Hall
2) I’m thankful to continue recording episodes of How to Handle… for our ERLC podcast. Take a listen here as:
David Murray talks about depression.
Lore Ferguson Wilbert talks about broken families.
Patrick McGinty and Meagan Smith talk about singleness.
Or you can catch up on recently added ERLC podcasts here .
Things to Look For in 2018
This is not my last post of 2017, but I did want to highlight a few things to be on the lookout for in upcoming posts.
1) I’m going to start doing some video posts! I’m excited to try out this new-to-me medium and pray it is helpful.
2) In January I’ll be starting a new series and inviting you to join me. It will be my first book club, and I hope we are all encouraged by it.
3) More content! I am excited and eager to write more content for the site. I hope you’ll join me each Tuesday and most Thursdays in 2018. We’ll be jumping into some familiar topics and exploring a few new ones!
More soon! Until then, happy listening, reading, and enjoying this Advent season.